North Andover is located in Essex County, approximately 24 miles north of Boston. The town lies along the banks of the Merrimack River and settlement of the town began in 1640 and was incorporated as Andover in 1646. The community was split into the North Parish, now North Andover, and South Parish, now Andover, in 1709. North Andover was incorporated as a separate entity in 1855.
Although North Andover contains several industrial parks, the town has retained a rural character and contains over 3,000 acres of preserved open space. Lawrence Municipal Airport is also located within the town. North Andover is a thriving community of about 27,000 with an excellent school system, efficient services and a strong commitment to its citizens.